Eminem has been making headlines recently, from his chart-topping new album ‘Music to be Murdered By’ to his show-stopping Oscar award show performance to his record-breaking rap speed, and now has scored another achievement with his video for ‘Rap God‘ officially hitting over 1 Billion Views on YouTube. The award-winning video for the ‘Marshall Mathers LP 2’ track now joins Eminem’s hits ‘Not Afraid’ (1.3 billion views) and ‘Love the Way You Lie‘, featuring Rihanna (1.9 billion views) in YouTube’s Billion Views Club.
“A billion Stans can’t be wrong! Thanks to YouTube and the community for taking such great interest in this wild video,” says Eminem.
The rap superstar continues to be a major force on YouTube. In addition to topping charts and racking up billions of views in the past year, he stands as the fourth most-subscribed artist on the platform. Stats around Eminem’s impressive YouTube success include:
- Eminem earned 3.9B views globally across YouTube in the past 12 months, earning massive views in countries like the United States (1.1B), United Kingdom (235M), Brazil (204M), Mexico (172M), Canada (124M), Germany (121M) and more.
- With over 41M subscribers on his Official Artist Channel, Eminem is the fourth most-subscribed artist on the platform.
- Eminem’s ‘Killshot’ earned over 38M views in its first 24 hours, making it the biggest hip hop debut in YouTube history
- Over the last 12 months Eminem has reached YouTube Top Artists charts in over 40 countries and territories, landing the #1 spot in countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Norway and New Zealand.
- Following the recent release of Music to be Murdered By, Eminem landed 11 tracks on the US Top Tracks chart in a single week and peaked at #1 on the US Top Artists chart
- Eminem was amongst the top 40 most viewed artists globally on YouTube in 2019, and is amongst the top 25 most viewed so far in 2020.
Over the course of his career, Eminem has sold over 130 million albums and 389 million singles worldwide. He was Nielsen SoundScan’s top-selling artist of the 2000s with 32.2 million albums sold in that decade in the U.S. alone. In addition, Eminem was also named Billboard’s Artist of the Decade for the same period, 2000 through 2009. Eminem has won 15 GRAMMY® Awards and an Academy Award®. His 2010 album, ‘Recovery’, was the first album in the U.S. to ever go platinum digitally. His most recent album, ‘Music To Be Murdered By’, was released on Jan. 17, 2020 and debuted at Number One on the Billboard 200 albums chart, his tenth consecutive album to do so.