Just because lockdowns are ending doesn’t mean that you have to start immediately going out again. You can still host some epic nights with your friends and family, and within that you can have the best possible movie night with the tips that we have for you in this article. Movie night is supposed to be fun, carefree and all about chilling out and enjoying the experience.
You should be able to pay attention to a movie and enjoy every single bit, and you can all take it in turns to choose the next movie and the next host of the movie night, too. You can use the IMDB API to chat about the cast members and the producers and more. Movie night is supposed to be fun, and we’ve got some of the best tips that you need to host the perfect movie night. Let’s take a look!
- Choose a movie. The first thing that you need for movie night is a great movie. You can alternate themes, use more than one movie and you can even check out the list of movies on IMDB to see what’s trending right now! There are so many ways that you can make movies fun and with the right projector or screen size, your movie night will be hugely successful.
- Don’t forget snacks. Is it really movie night if you don’t have snacks? Duh – of course not! You need snacks! Popcorn, nachos, candy, cookies – you name it, you can eat it. Get everyone to bring a plate of something delicious and have a pick and go buffet. Movie night is so much better when you do it this way. Everyone can have a little of everything!
- Set the scene well. Giant floor beanbags or pillows are the perfect option for movie nights. You can add blankets, more pillows and lower the lighting to create your own movie theatre in your home. You could even theme it all enough to dress up and watch your favuorite movies, too! If you have projectors, you definitely want to turn the lights off so that you get that movie theatre feel. While we’re on the subject, a projector is actually a better option than a regular TV screen – you get to feel like you have the whole experience and not just a TV night.
- Turn up the volume. You want this to have a surround sound. People are bound to rustle packaging and chat during the movie, you need to make sure that you have the volume turned right up so everyone can hear. Make sure that you invest in your surround sound options so that everyone around the room can hear the movie play. You can use so many different apps for your movie night, too.
- Quiz it! After the movie, have a quiz ready and play a game around the movie. Talk about the actors and the writers and more – it’s a fun way to round off the night.