Funded by Creative Skillset and Birds Eye View Film, and endorsed by Film Distributor’s Association (FDA), FILMONOMICS FUTURE LEADERS IN DISTRIBUTION is delighted to announce the next cohort of Future Leaders in Distribution as part of its long term female leadership programme run by producer/distribution strategist Mia Bays and distribution expert Julia Short. The programme seeks to open more doors to female leaders (per the Creative Skillset 2012 film workforce census, only 20% of CEOs and directors in UK film distribution are female, compared to 47% of the workforce).
FUTURE LEADERS IN DISTRIBUTION outgoing participants on the inaugural course are: Pritica Aneja, Associate Finance Director, EMEA, Twentieth Century Fox; Lia Devlin Head of Marketing, Altitude UK; Sophie Doherty, Theatrical Sales Manager, Disney UK; Sophie Glover Head of Publicity at Pathé UK; Lucy Hill, Theatrical Sales Manager, Warner Bros UK; Lorna Mann, SVP of Publicity, Lionsgate UK; Christina De Rienzo Head of Theatrical Marketing, Curzon Artificial Eye; Kristin Ryan Head of UK Home Entertainment and Digital, Studio Canal; Louisa Mitchell, Marketing Director – Home Entertainment and Faith Taylor, Senior Marketing Manager, both of eOne.
The second iteration runs from October 2016 until June 2017 and is structured in order to fit in with busy schedules, allowing time for work shadowing, tailored mentoring, group workshops, peer-to-peer networking and coaching for each individual.
This programme is supported by Creative Skillset’s Film Skills Fund,
with BFI’s Film Forever National Lottery Funds.
Filmonomics FUTURE LEADERS will run concurrently with Filmonomics Filmmakers to encourage the future distribution leaders to meet the future filmmakers and enjoy the interpersonal skills sessions together. The Filmonomics Programme is for 20 female and/or BAME filmmakers on the cusp of or having just made their first feature and is in its fourth year.
FUTURE LEADERS will endeavor to arm and inspire the following participants in 2016/17 in order that the next film workforce census figures on female management in film distribution climb beyond 30%.
FUTURE LEADERS IN DISTRIBUTION 2017 COHORTS are:
- Cathy Anderson, Head of Publicity, Twentieth Century Fox UK
- Ana Santos, Freelance Acquisitions Business & Legal Affairs Consultant
- Sally Hodgson, Producer of Marketing & Distribution, Pipoca in Nottingham
- Vicky Hine, Senior Marketing Manager, Theatrical, eOne
- Tiina Heinonen, Online Marketing Manager, Curzon Artificial Eye
- Lucy Powell, Senior Publicity Manager, Studio Canal
- Sarah Hatton, Sales Manager, eOne
- Emily Compton, Head of Technical, Altitude
- Zoe Sands, Senior Publicist, Sony Pictures Releasing UK
- Anne-Cecile Mulin, Director of Distribution Infrastructure & New Business, NBC Universal London
- Louisa Repka, Head of Technical – Shared Services, eOne
As previously announced, the programme has garnered the support of high level industry mentors such as Kezia Williams of eOne, Sue Bruce Smith of FilmFour, Robert Walak Head of Focus Features International, Nicola Pearcy of Lionsgate, Trish Long of Disney, Eve Gabereau of Soda, Jill Tandy of Inside Pictures, Alison Thompson of Cornerstone Films and Anna Godas of Dogwoof.