Following on from our write-up of Farrush’s debut single, ‘Round Robin’, we ask the Russian composer six quick questions.
1. You’re clearly quite talented. How long have you been playing piano, and do you play any other instruments?
I have played the piano since I was 8 years old. It was quite tough to study, because I was considered the best student in school, and the teacher was betting on me. So I had a strong program to play every year.
2. What’s the motivation behind making ‘Round Robin’? What happens next, will we hear more music from you, and when?
This is the first, the premier track of my job on this direction for now. I have more stuff in progress, so we’ll see how it will goes within my productivity. Anyway, I’ll release more electronic tracks in the future.
3. Who are your inspirations, both musically and personally?
Actually, I don’t have see any personalities as inspiring me. It’s not easy to find a motivation in my current life, but, nevertheless, I can say like the whole of life can inspire you if you have a proper vision of situations and scenarios.
4. What made you go from making “soundtrack” music to releasing your own?
That’s just the question of interests for me. For this moment I want to create in this genre, to make this kind of music. Who knows what could be later. I like what I do, I get pleasure both from process and the result. So it’s cool for me.
5. How do you create your music? Do you have a specific sound in your head to begin with, or do you sit at the keyboard or computer and just start playing? Or is there some other way you make your music?
I have an initial idea. And I begin to goof around with it. It could be days or weeks, I don’t care about time. I develop it from just nothing to something huge, and then I create from these ideas a music track like decorating the Christmas tree with toys and sparkles.
6. What question do you wish someone would ask you in an interview but nobody ever does?
This is my first interview, so I like the process to answer the questions. First time almost always exciting.
Thanks for talking to us Farrush!
Listen to ‘Round Robin’ here: