Deezer brings bespoke content for the LGBTQ community featuring personalized track picks from artists like Christine and the Queens, editorial playlists and album promotion of LGBTQ artists.
Today Deezer, the global streaming service, is celebrating Pride and the LGBTQ community with a new dedicated Pride Channel packed with content to help celebrate this year’s Pride Month.
Deezer’s Pride Channel features bespoke playlists by artists from the LGBTQ community that focuses on topics close to their hearts. Christine and the Queens chose the tracks that mean most to them for their ‘Eager and Unashamed’ playlist, while Lauv gets personal with ‘Lauv Loves: Pride Edition.’ Adam Lambert educates fans with ‘Queer History 101’ and Courtney Barnett is celebrating equality with ‘Everybody Here Loves You.’
Deezer’s editors are also filling the dedicated channel with:
- Over 30 curated playlists including ‘Love for All’ , ‘Lip Sync Rendezvous’, ‘Vogue Zone’ and ‘Love Celebration’.
- A huge variety of music from artists like Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and George Michael
- Albums such as Frank Ocean’s ‘channel ORANGE’, Janelle Monaé’s ‘Dirty Computer’ and SOPHIE’s ‘OIL OF EVERY PEARL’S UN-INSIDES’
- , featured on the channel’s album carousel
- A special compilation of the very best LGBTQ podcasts including ‘RuPaul: What’s The Tee with Michelle Visage’ and ‘Throwing Shade’
Kim Weaver, Head of Global Music Programming at Deezer commented:
“It’s really important for the music industry to celebrate the amazing talent of LGBTQ artists worldwide. At Deezer, we’re proud to share playlists from artists in the LGBTQ community who have hand-picked songs that mean the most to them. Our new channel is all about positive energy for both artists and fans, through a diverse selection of music and tailored content that can be the soundtrack of all of our lives.
Deezer’s Pride Channel will be given pride of
place on the homepage and will be available until the end of July. Find out more here.